SOURCE Tri-School Day of Service
Schools of Public Health, Nursing and Medicine - October 5, 2019
Sign up for SOURCE’s Fall Tri-School Day of Service, on Saturday, October 5 and join dozens of other volunteers in the community at SOURCE partner community-based organizations. One morning of volunteer service can truly make a world of difference!
Registration is required, and projects will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so sign up today! To register, send an email to SOURCE at SOURCE@jhu.edu with your name, email, school affiliation, cell phone number, and top 3 project choices.
* All projects begin and end at the School of Public Health’s Monument Street lobby. Times indicated below reflect the times that groups will be asked to meet and return to the School of Public Health.
Sites and project details are as follows:
- The Men & Families Center 8:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Volunteers will assist with indoor and outside beautification such as planting flowers and weeding around the Men and Families Center, which provides services such as parenting and life skills, health education, and job placement.
- Civic Works/Riverside Park 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Volunteers will help plant bulbs and assist in cleaning up the Riverside Park as part of Civic Works' Ricky Myers Day of Service.
- Elev8 Baltimore 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Elev8 Baltimore supports a school in west Baltimore that assists students with specific needs like those returning to school or with special requirements that cannot be met in a general education setting. Projects include painting cafe, power washing courtyard and exterior of building, and weeding flower beds. The painting project will include an abstract design & motivational quotes.
- Child First Authority/Dr. Bernard Harris Sr. Elementary School 9:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Volunteers will help repaint the students’ bathrooms and add positive affirmations to those areas, as well as create an Outdoor Learning Lab to provide students with additional educational space.
- Amazing Grace Lutheran Church 9:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Volunteers will work in the Amazing Port Street Commons, the only true open green space in McElderry Park. You can expect to perform garden activities such as weeding, mulching, watering, and planting.
- YO! Center 9:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Volunteers will be cleaning and painting the YO! (Youth Opportunities) Center, which provides classes and training to support at-risk youths ages 16-21 to help them realize their potential to succeed.