Are you interested in working with community-based organizations (CBOs) in Baltimore?
There are a number of ways to get involved. No matter how much or how little time you have, or whether or not you want to relate your community involvement to your academic studies, we can help connect you with one of our 100 partnering community-based organizations.
How to Get Involved
- Review our Top Ten Tips to "Volunteering Sensibly."These tips will give you some things to think about in terms of your service - who you want to serve, your time, etc.
- Review the links under the "Get Involved" navigation menu to search for opportunities that meet your time and interests. If you can't find something that interests you, contact SOURCE to discuss your options. The staff is happy to explore other options for committed students.
- How will you get to the community organization? Some are within walking distance. Others may require use of the JHU shuttle, escort service, or public transportation. Click here for travel information. You should also read some Safety Tips for serving in the community.
- Explore available opportunities posted in Hopkins Engage, the University’s online community engagement platform. Login with your JHED ID to search for opportunities.
- Last, but most important, let us know how your community involvement experience is going. Evaluation is crucial to our center. Once you begin your community experience, please, fill out our feedback form.