Get to Know Baltimore
Want to explore the great city of Baltimore? Whether you are new to town, or a long-time resident, there are countless opportunities to learn more about Charm City.
- Baltimore Regional Green Map - This is a great map. Whether you're looking for a bike route, a farmer's market or a locally owned bookstore; this map has something for everyone.
- SOURCE's Interactive Partner Map
- Baltimore Book List - recommendations from Steven Ragsdale
- Baltimore Film List - recommendations from Steven Ragsdale
- Baltimore Collegetown's Resource Guide - Comprehensive guide for entertainment, shuttles, internships, and special events
- Visit Baltimore - Find local attractions, events, hotels, office buildings, residences, parking and transportation
Free Services, Recycling, and Sustainability
- The Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc. - Free recycling of books
- Baltimore ReStore - A low cost home improvement resale store that generates revenue
- Freecycle Baltimore - Offer, take and request FREE items in our local community
Baltimore City Data
Publications for and about Baltimore
Resources for City Living
- Live Baltimore
- Charm City Circulator - Various routes. Free bus service throughout Baltimore City. Includes trip planner. The green route goes between the hospital, Fells Point, and City Hall. Fast. Friendly. Free.
- MTA (Maryland Transportation Authority)
- Farmers Markets
Baltimore Events and Festivals
- Artscape (held annually in mid-July)
- Baltimore Aquarium
- Free Fall Baltimore
- Maryland Science Center
- Latino Festival
- Pier Six Concert Pavilion
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum of MD African American History and Culture
Recurring Events and Places To Go
Learn about Baltimore's rich history on the Heritage Walk. The city's Heritage Walk is gearing up for another season of guided tours. The path highlights about 20 historical city sites and takes about an hour and a half to complete. The tours start at the Baltimore Visitor Center (401 Light Sreet) and wind through the Inner Harbor, Little Italy and Jonestown. The cost is $5 to students. Tours start every day at 12 noon. 877-BAL-TIMO.