Policies and Procedures
Working With Youth
- Policy on the Safety of Children in University Programs
- Child Safety Policy for School of Medicine, School of Nursing and Bloomberg School of Public Health
SOURCE collaborates with student groups across the Johns Hopkins University Schools of Public Health, Nursing, and Medicine to connect with the Baltimore community. Student groups that are actively engaged in community service initiatives in Baltimore are encouraged to become official SOURCE student group partners. If you are a new group, have changed leadership, or need to update your contact information, mission, or other relevant information, you can do so using the form below.
- Official SOURCE Student Group Partner Information
- Official SOURCE Student Group Partnership Application Form
Service Reporting Requirement: Based on policies set forth by the health professional Schools, Student Affairs, and student governance groups (MSS, NSS and Bloomberg School Student Assembly), student leaders are required to report the service activities of their organization's members (including student names, hours, and activities).
Event Policies and Procedures
SOURCE collaborates with student groups, offices, and departments across the Johns Hopkins University Schools of Public Health, Nursing, and Medicine. Please complete this form if your group is looking to partner with SOURCE for an event or training.
Donation Drive Policy
SOURCE, in partnership with student groups, hosts five major Tri-School Donation Drives per year to support the needs of SOURCE partnering community-based originations in Baltimore. Collaboration and coordination of donation drives allows for validity and success of these events while maximizing our efforts and integrity with the community. Any students, student group or department wishing to organize, coordinate or co-sponsor a donation drive are encouraged to first contact SOURCE at 410-955-3880 or SOURCE@jhu.edu. Each of the three Schools, Public Health, Nursing and Medicine, handle and manage donation drives differently:
- Bloomberg School of Public Health: One large-scale drive is allowed in a public setting per term. These drives are coordinated by SOURCE in partnership with student organizations.
- School of Medicine: A protocol to oversee donation drives in AMEB is in effect to better coordinate and collaborate on donation drive efforts. To review the protocol, click here.
- School of Nursing: A formal policy/protocol is not currently in place. However, student groups should still contact SOURCE should they be interested in coordinating or partnering on a donation drive.
Exploring Service Opportunities
Are you interested in working with community-based organizations (CBOs) in Baltimore? There are a number of ways to get involved. No matter how much or how little time you have, or whether or not you want to relate your community involvement to your academic studies, we can help connect you with one of our 100 partnering CBOs. Fill out the form below to let us know of your interest in serving our community. Groups looking to organize a group service project can fill out the Group Service Project Request form.