Action in Maturity
Function of Organization/Site
The purpose of Action In Maturity (AIM) is to provide appropriate activities and services to benefit the personal development and quality of life of older people and to support their ability to live independently, within the community, as long as possible. To these ends, AIM maintains and extends partnerships with other organizations and institutions sharing these objectives. AIM is a senior center 'without walls' providing support services, socialization activities, and transportation to older adults and people with disabilities throughout Baltimore City. AIM reaches older adults through transportation and outreach.
● Food Distribution (once per month, 300+ clients)
● Event Assistance (luncheons, festivals/parties)
● Facilitate Chronic Disease Management Program
● Facilitate Fall Prevention Program
● Grant Writing
● Assist with Program Outcomes reporting/tracking
● Research Projects
● Impact, Measurement and Needs Assessments
● Asset Mapping
● Data Analysis
● Health Education
No formal volunteer training required. Background checks are required for ongoing volunteers/interns. Point of admission background checks for JHU School of Medicine and School of Nursing students will be accepted.
JHU Shuttle Stop