Southeast Community Development Corporation
Function of Organization/Site
The Southeast CDC is dedicated to growing and supporting a thriving, socioeconomically and racially diverse Southeast Baltimore where residents share in the success and improvement of their communities. To achieve this vision we stimulate private and public investment in housing, infrastructure, parks, employment and city services; mobilize and support existing residents to participate in the planning and implementation of community projects that improve their quality of life; and attract residents to homeownership while preserving good quality affordable housing. This work is multi-layered and can only be accomplished with partners in the community—residents, first and foremost, but also with community organizations, schools, anchor institutions, government, and business and employers—that share in this vision.
- Community events in Library Square Park
- Community school weekly food pantry and mentoring (Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School in McElderry Park) *Background checks are required
- Housing market and demographic data analysis
- Issue research on homeownership and community schools
- Program evaluation design, including customer survey development