Function of Organization/Site:
Baltimore SquashWise is an afterschool program that combines squash instruction, academic tutoring, mentoring, and community service to empower local youth to excel academically, athletically and in life.
Volunteers are needed for academic tutoring, playing squash and mentoring.
Recruitment Intern Opportunity (posted 8/31/2010)
Baltimore SquashWise team members will:
- Develop a positive attitude towards school
- Increase school attendance
- Improve grades
- Improve behavior at school and practice
- Participate in community service projects
- Succeed n local, state & national Squash competitions
- Improve physical fitness & nutritional awareness
- Graduate from high school and enroll in college