Franciscan Center, Inc.
Function of Organization/Site
Serves as a "one-stop shop" for families and individuals in crisis, providing a broad range of programs and services designed to help them achieve stability and build self-sufficient lives.
The Franciscan Center could not provide critically-needed services to people in need without the dedicated and generous support of our volunteers, who share their time and talent in service to the poor and hungry citizens of Baltimore! A huge thank you to all who have served and continue to serve the Franciscan Center. The following weekly volunteer opportunities are available:
- Daily Lunch Program (Mon-Fri 9:30am-1:30pm)
Welcome guests, serve meals, assemble desserts, prepare drinks, assist in cleanup, and share conversation
- Food Pantry (Mon-Thurs 9:30am-2pm)
Stock shelves, pack emergency food bags and distribute food bags
- Clothing Program (Mon-Thurs 9:30am-1pm)
Assist with distribution of clothing and toiletries and restock clothing racks
- Office Assistance (Mon-Thurs 9:30am-2pm)
Assistance with mass mailings, stuffing and stamping envelopes at specific times of the year, provide clerical support as needed and provide computer skills guidance in the Technology Resource Center
- Tuesday Night Chopping (Tuesdays 5:30pm-7pm)
Volunteer groups are hosted every Tuesday evening to help chop and prepare produce
- Food Distribution Events (Second Saturday of the month, every other month. Two shifts: 8am-11am and 11am-2pm)
Volunteers organize and distribute food to as many as 1,000 Baltimore City residents
First-time volunteers will need to complete a volunteer application and participate in a volunteer orientation.
Shuttle + Walking Directions from Johns Hopkins Medical Campus
- Take the JHMI shuttle from the corner of Broadway and Monument to Baltimore Penn Station
- Walk north on N. Charles St. towards East Coast Greenway/Jones Falls Trail for .5 miles
- Turn left onto W 23rd St
- In .1 mile, destination will be on your left between Maryland and Howard