The Family Tree
2108 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
PHONE: (410) 889-2300
Fax: (410) 637-8385
CONTACT: Ruby Parker, Assistant Director, Community Engagement Services
Function of organization:
Prevention of child abuse and neglect. Through education and support, we provide families with the tools they need to help their children grow up to become healthy, productive and competent adults.
- Support group facilitator
- Teen parent mentor
- Family stressline counselor
- In-home parent aide
- Children's program facilitator
- Positive parenting trainer
- Needs assessment of volunteer services
- Child nurturers
- Help raise awareness in the community of the services offered by The Family Tree (parenting classes, parent support groups, children’s program, parent hotline) to help increase program participation
- Staff the Family StressLine (hotline)
- Teach parenting classes – they meet once weekly for 2 hours
- Translate the parenting manual into Spanish and/or to teach parenting to an Hispanic group
- Facilitate Parents Anonymous® groups (parent support groups) - they meet once weekly for 2 hours
- TRAINING IS FREE!
We are seeking donations to help our very poor families enjoy a happy holiday. Particularly needed: baby toys/gifts, ethnic dolls, toys/ gifts for children over 9 years, especially teens. Gift cards are appreciated. Particularly destitute families need a group to “adopt” them for the holidays.