The Door, Inc.
Function of Organization/Site:
- Work with children and teens in education, drug prevention, cultural awareness, sex education, delinquency, and self-esteem
- Support parenting groups and counseling sessions to strengthen family relationships
- Food give-away, gas and electric shut-off programs, counseling, legal aid
- Organizes sports and provides tutoring for adolescents to challenge them to reach their potential
- Sponsors the Creating Affordable Home-Buyers Program
- Advocates for children and youth activism and against family disintegration, racism, and poverty through Project Justice
- Promotes self-help and economic improvement for single-family households
- The Baltimore Urban Leadership Foundation
- Home rehabilitation
Walking distance from JHSPH (.41 miles).