International Rescue Committee
Function of Organization/Site:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Baltimore helps refugees and other humanitarian immigrants become self sufficient and integrated in communities across central Maryland and strengthens the social and economic health of Baltimore City. We aim to assist refugees and asylees in achieving self-sufficiency through coordinated case management, employment, and various community integration initiatives.
- Tutoring English in a classroom setting.
- Helping refugee children with school enrollments or immunizations.
- Taking a refugee family for a day of sightseeing around your local community or to a community event.
- Educating refugee families on local transportation systems.
- Assisting refugee families with financial management such as opening a bank account, writing checks or paying bills.
- Helping refugees with employment concerns such as filling applications, preparing for interviews and finding employment opportunities within a community.
- Picking up donated goods from local donors.
- Assisting IRC staff with casework activities or paperwork.
Internships are available on an on-going basis throughout the year. Examples of past internships include: Asylee Program Intern, Case Management Intern, Employment Program Intern, and Health Communications & Outreach Intern.