The Samaritan Women
Function of this organization:
Founded in 2007, The Samaritan Women (TSW) is a Christian nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote health, healing, and hope through four ministry efforts:
- Operating a transitional residence for women in recovery including counseling and life skills
- Offering a vocational program in culinary arts with an innovative “from seed to table” curriculum.
- Managing a large urban farm that grows produce to support local shelters and neighbors in need
- Leading a state-wide social justice initiative against human trafficking.
- The Samaritan Women want more students to become informed and engaged in the issue of human trafficking and to take this up as a field of study and personal commitment. We need more activists.
- The Samaritan Women welcome volunteers on many levels!
- The most accessible form of service would be working on the urban farm and volunteering with landscaping or renovation projects at the property.