2-1-1 Maryland at United Way of Central Maryland
FUNCTION OF ORGANIZATION/SITE
2-1-1 Maryland, a program within the United Way of Central Maryland (UWCM), is a 24/7 information and referral service that connects people with the health and human resources they need. This call center, one of four in Maryland, serves as a barometer of need for issues in our community, giving UWCM a unique vantage point for identifying, assessing, tracking and meeting people’s basic needs locally. Accredited by AIRS (Alliance of Information and Referral Systems), 2-1-1 Maryland is constantly looking for ways to improve their service to the community.
- Conduct follow-up calls to collect data on services provided to clients through referrals made by 2-1-1
- Analyze data provided by partnering CBOs
- Map resources provided through 2-1-1 and partnering CBOs
- Determine statistical significance of the sample size in order to properly analyze data
- Look into specific referral programs (i.e. Fuel Fund) to determine effectiveness of program in the long term
- Ongoing call center volunteers especially during busy times of Tax and Holiday Seasons
- One-time volunteer projects for special events
Volunteers will participate in a 1.5 hour training where they learn how to enter information into a specialized computer data entry system as well as a discussion of quality customer service. All volunteers will be required to go through this training even if they are not going to be taking calls as their primary duties.