SOURCE National Volunteer Week
Mon, April 22 - Sat, April 27, 2019
Each year in April, SOURCE hosts National Volunteer Week. Various activities occur throughout the week, including presentations by community-organization speakers, our recognition banquet, community service awards, and our Tri-School Day of Service where students from all three health professional schools collaborate on vital community service projects with our partnering organizations in Baltimore.
Mark your calendars and RSVP below for the following events!
SOURCE Annual Tri-School Toiletry Drive
Monday, April 22 - Friday, May 3
- Donate new and unopened toiletries for Baltimore families! SOURCE is collecting soap, shampoo, deodorant, shaving cream, razors, Q-tips, lotions, sanitary products, toothpaste and mouthwash to be donated to families through SOURCE partnering community-based organizations. Co-sponsored by the Oral Health Group and the Community Health Interest Group.
Drop Off Locations:
- JHSPH E1002 + 1st Floor Student Lounge
- SON Lobby
- SOM AMEB Lobby
SOURCE Community Engagement Poster Competition
Monday, April 22
- SON Carpenter Room, 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- The competition will focus on student engagement activities within Baltimore City. Gift card prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners! Refreshments will be served and attendance is open to everyone.
- RSVP to attend (non-participants)
SOURCE & Anna Baetjer Society S.W.E.E.T. Seminar
Tuesday, April 23
- JHSPH W2033, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Learn about the work of three students as they complete their MPH and serve with SOURCE Partnering Community-Based Organizations.
SOURCE Volunteer Appreciation and Awards Luncheon
Wednesday, April 24 *By Invite Only*
SOURCE Signature Service-Learning Programs Celebration
Wednesday, April 24
- JHSPH Feinstone Hall, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- SOURCE invites you to celebrate the achievements of the 2018-2019 SOURCE Signature Service-Learning Programs - SOURCE Service Scholars and SOURCE's Service-Learning Faculty and Community Fellows. Scholars and Fellows will share their partnerships, discoveries, and inspiration from work with Baltimore community organizations.
SOURCE Social Justice Coffee Talk
Thursday, April 25
- JHSPH W4030, 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Come and learn about SOURCE's social justice programming and projects for student, staff, faculty, and community partners. Join the conversation, and share your feedback, thoughts, and ideas on immerging social justice programming and projects.
SOURCE Happy Hour
Friday, April 26
- JHSPH Student Lounge from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Come to the JHSPH 1st Floor Student Lounge to pick up your T-Shirt for the Tri-School Day of Service. Bring a donation for the Toiletry Drive and receive a free beverage of your choice!
SOURCE Spring Tri-School Day of Service
Saturday, April 27
- This event is open to students, faculty and staff. Free t-shirts, plus light breakfast and snacks to start the day!
- Find more details here about service projects and how to register.